Reading: We believe that in order to become a better reader – your child needs to read on a regular basis. In addition to always setting aside time for “real reading,” we offer program that focuses on comprehension and vocabulary enrichment. We have a variety of programs that include nonfiction passages that focus application of important information to the written word and vocabulary, small passages that focus on meaningful comprehension and a poetry study that, in addition to enriching our students’ language, challenges students to think critically, infer and make deep connections.
Writing: Writing is included in both the math and reading program but we also offer a program that specifically guides your child through the writing process while building a stronger foundation in conventions. Students will write narratives, informational texts and opinion pieces.
All of our programs include critical thinking activities that include but are not limited to; math and/or language logic problems, analogies that help improve vocabulary, visual discrimination activities, and other critical thinking activities that encourage problem solving through strategy and creative thinking.
The material we use is aligned to Common Core.
Enrichment Programs: Enrichment activities are a part of every child's lesson plan at The Learning League. In order to best serve your child, The Learning League offers a mini assessment that mimics a cognitive ability test (CoGat)to all students in grades 2-5. The preliminary assessment is administered by a certified teacher. We use the data to plan your child's enrichment portion of their lesson plan.
We also help up and coming high school students prepare for placement tests at 1:1 or small group sessions.
If interested please contact Sandra Arguello at email@example.com or call at 708 692-4870 for more information
Summer Course Description
The Learning League offers 1:1 Tutoring all Summer Long!
Our 1:1 tutoring focuses on math, reading and/or writing. We also have the opportunity to develop small group courses
**NO session July 4th
- Monday- Thursday 9:00 am - 6:00pm
- no sessions scheduled 12-1pm
- Choose the days and times that work best for you and your family. Let us know what days you are available and we will do the rest!
- To accommodate your kiddo's needs and your scheduling needs, we recommend signing up for 10 sessions .
(see left sidebar for more information including cost)
Interested in small group instruction?
Sandra Arguello will be leading group instruction (no more than 4 kids at a time) for kiddos entering grades 1-3
- Get Ready for Second Grade Math
- Get Ready for Advanced Math - 2nd grade
- Get Ready for Third Grade Math and Reading
- Monday/Wednesday- 2:00- 3:00- All Summer Long!
- Monday- 4:00- 5:00- All Summer Long
- Wednesday - 4:00- 5:00- All Summer Long!
In order to be placed in our Get Ready Courses with Sandra Arguello, please choose at least 10 sessions from the time shown above.
Know your Facts!
- Prevent the “Summer Slide” and have your child be prepared for the start of a new grade level.
- "To succeed in school and life, children and young adults need ongoing opportunities to learn and practice essential skills. This is especially true during the summer months"
Did you know?
- All young people experience learning losses when they do not engage in educational activities during the summer.
- Most students lose about two months of grade level equivalency in mathematical computation skills over the summer months.
Prevent the “Summer Slide” and have your child be prepared for the start of a new grade level.